EXAMINATION AND EVALUATION SCHEME
Education, as a planned endeavour , should aim at making children capable of becoming active , responsible , productive and caring members of the society. It is therefore, deemed essential that it must promote and nourish a wide range of capacities and skills in learners.
Examination Pattern-Primary Wing
- There are two terms in each session. – TERM I & TERM II
- Term I- April to September
- Term II- October to March
- In each Term 3 written evaluations are held.
- Class III: English, Hindi, Mathematics and EVS each carrying a weightage of 25 marks.
- Class IV: English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science and SST, carrying a weightage of 40 marks.
- Class V: English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science and SST. carrying a weightage of 40 marks
- Each Term, 2 written evaluations of G.K, Computer and Art to be held.
- Students will be assessed through regular assignments, activities, spell check, projects and models.
- Grades are awarded for Art and Craft, Music and Dance, Sports, Yoga and Aerobics and Literary Clubs.
Classes VI to X: The examination for academic year 2017-18 will be conducted as per the remodeled assessment structure following the latest CBSE directives for classes VI –X which includes three major categories i.e. Scholastic ,
Co scholastic and Discipline
Each Session comprises of two Terms:
Term 1: April to September
Term 2: October to March
- The students would be assessed on a continuous basis through series of Periodic Tests and Term
- Pen and paper assessment will be conducted as per the following schedule – Unit Test1, Pre Mid Term, Mid Term, Unit Test 2, Post Mid Term and Annual.
- Pre Mid Term, Mid Term and Post Mid Term will form the components of Internal
EVALUATION SCHEME FOR CLASSES XI & XII
Each academic year would be divided into two terms:
TERM I – APRIL TO SEPTEMBER TERM II – OCTOBER TO MARCH
In each Term, Weekly tests for each subject shall carry a weightage of 40 marks per term.
Two Periodic Tests – Weightage – 40 marks each Communication skills/Assignments & Projects – 10 marks
Terminal – 100 marks
TOTAL – 150 marks
It is mandatory to secure 33% in all subjects ( both elective & optional ) , separately in Theory and practical for promotion to the next class.
Note for classes X and XII
Reinforcement Examination will be conducted in July after summer break. Mid Term Examination will be conducted in the month of September.
Term II Examination will be conducted in the month of December. Pre-Board Examination will be conducted in the month of January. Annual Examination will be conducted as per the CBSE schedule.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLASSES VI-XII
- Periodic Test shall be conducted on every Monday as per the schedule given in the Test
- Every student is expected to maintain in record at least 75% attendance during the
- It is mandatory for the students to appear in the Terminal In case a student misses his / her Term Exam on medical grounds or any mishap in the family, the students will be tested for the same on a later date.
- The exemption from weekly test shall be only on medical grounds or due to mishap in the family provided the leave application reaches on the day of
- The application for the same must be submitted within 24 hours and medical certificate within 48 The medical certificate furnished must indicate the disease and the dates of rest period suggested. In case of contagious disease or prolonged illness medical certificate must indicate quarantine period.
- No interim leave shall be granted on the test day. Students should refrain from coming to school in case of
- No neutralization will be done in case the student misses the Weekly Test / Term Examination for any other In such cases the student be marked ‘ZERO’.
- Promotion of a student to the next class shall be based on cumulative
- It shall be mandatory for the students to qualify in all major
- For the students of Classes VI to X, the performance will be reflected in percentage and Grades as per the eight point scale given below:
11. In Classes XI & XII, the students will be allotted ranks as per their.
Parents are requested to sign the performance card and return it within two days positively. In case of loss or damage of performance record a fine of Rs. 100 /- will be charged
Note: Examination Policy is subject to change as per CBSE directives.