We at Blue Bells aim to provide to all our students a safe, accident-free environment with vigilant and caring staff, supported by an efficient administrative system to ensure high safety standards.
The school has in place the Child Protection Policy which is abided by the entire staff of the school. Its sub-heads include ‘ Child Abuse Monitoring Committee’ which aims at ensuring a safe learning environment for the students. Some of the important points covered by the policy are:
- All the staff members are well versed with the guidelines under POCSO (The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act and have signed a declaration for abiding by it.
- We have a rigorous Background verification process. We also have a tie up with a third party who specializes in Background screening of employees and all the critical position holders undergo this check.
- We have Lady Guards deputed outside all washrooms.
- We implement a ‘‘no closed door’’ policy for increased visibility.
- Entry/exit of all persons in the school is logged clearly with their in and out times specified, so that at any point, there is a clear record of both insiders and outsiders present on the premises. No support staff (driver, conductor, electrician, plumber etc) is allowed inside the school premises during the school hours accept during an emergency (even in that case, he is accompanied by an Admin Staff).
- There is only one entry/exit point to the premises. The back gate, used at the time of dispersal, is manned by security guards maintaining a record of every entry and exit in a register.
- Access to areas like bus area, sports rooms/fields, canteen, toilets is confined to persons whose presence in the area is required, and are therefore specifically authorized to have an access to these areas.
- The school has complete CCTV coverage. It covers all critical areas of the premises including entry and exit points of the school, washrooms, corridors, ramps, basement, canteen, sports area etc.
- Record of all staff, permanent and contractual is maintained as part of school records. The school also gets a Police verification done for all staff members.
- The school has issued a set of 2 identity cards for every child, one which is worn by the child, and the other to be retained by the parent; clearly differentiated from the child’s card with a colour coding. The parents of the Primary & the Pre Primary wing are expected to produce their copy of their ward’s I-card at the time of receiving the child.
- A consent slip from the parents is sought for any student to stay back to attend any Extra class in school.
- The bus students are dropped to school within the boundary wall of the premises. Once the morning drop-off has been done, the school bus-in-charge ascertains with the help of guards that every single bus has been emptied and no child has remained in a bus, before the buses move to park or leave the premises as may be the case. At dispersal time, children of classes Nursery to II are accompanied to the school bus in a group by the Route In-charge.
- Every bus has one female teacher and one female guard present on the route till the last student gets off at the end of the route.
- Children from Class 5 or below are not allowed to leave the school premises on their own. They are picked up from the designated spot within the premises by the parent/authorized representative after showing the parent identity card. Handing over the child to the parent/authorized representative is supervised by the Teacher on Duty.
- In case there is a request during school hours to pick up a child due to an emergency, such exit is not permitted if the person is not the parent/guardian him/herself, even if they are carrying the identity card, until and unless this has been specifically verified with the parent. Especially if the person is a driver/maid or any other relative, such pick-up is permitted only once the school has verified this with the parent.
- Regular workshops are held under the Child Protection Policy, creating awareness of bullying, other forms of physical or sexual abuse
- We give special importance to the Cyber Safety of our students. Regular workshops are held to sensitize the students about the use of Cyber Space. Communication is also sent to the parents to seek their support to ensure that our students stay safe.
- Safety measures taken for Picnic/outdoor activities:
A. Parents/Guardians and caregivers give their permission in writing before children can be taken out of the institution premises for activities and outings. No outing or trip are made compulsory for children (except educational tours).
B. The exact destination & timings are communicated well in advance to parents/guardians.
C. Participants are made aware at least 3 days prior to the program of safety precautions, helpline numbers etc.
D. In case of outstation travel, at least one female teacher or care giver must accompany the group for the duration of their stay.
E. The teacher in charge carry the First Aid Kit along with the First Aid chart.
F. Mobile phone numbers of the teachers in charge and School mobile phone numbers are communicated to the parents.
G. The teacher in charge have a list of students along with phone number of their parents/guardians.We assure you that our students’ safety is our top priority and seek your co-operation in ensuring that we are able to maintain high standards of safety and security for them.
Special Classroom Integrated Programme for the students of Classes IX to XI conducted by faculty from Vidya Mandir (VMC).Read more
We wish to reiterate that the use of two/ four wheelers by the students is strictly prohibited.Read more
At Blue Bells, it is our constant endeavour to ensure that the students are safe and secure both inside the school and while commuting to and fro.Read more
Our every endeavour at Blue Bells Public School is to ensure that our students pursue their dreams and carve a niche for themselves.Read more
Blue Bells Public School in collaboration with NIIT NGuru is glad to introduce to you the ‘Practice Plus ‘– Practice and Assessment Portal.Read more
We at Blue Bells aim to provide to all our students a safe, accident-free environment with vigilant and caring staff, supported by an efficient administrative system to ensure high safety standards.Read more
We are proud to share that we have the first fully functional Atal Tinkering Lab in Gurgaon, an initiative of Niti Ayog. ATL caters to the students' thirst for knowledge to 'tinker', 'innovate' and inculcate skills by combining all the concepts of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)Read more
We are proud to share that Blue Bells Public School has been accredited with the prestigious British Council International School Award (ISA) 2017-2020. One of the most prestigious educational organizations, The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organization for cultural relationRead more