PHILOSOPHY:- A difference in perspective – Makes a difference.
A HOLISTIC APPROACH THAT CREATES A WELL ROUNDED INDIVIDUAL
Blue Bells Public School stands out with its ambience of respect towards a learner. Its dynamic resilience to change with times has created the right platform for developing a child’s faculties. Our aim is to impart quality education to children.
- To imbibe ethical and spiritual values among the students so as to groom them to become generous human beings.
- To develop all round personality of the students
- To instill the feeling of patriotism and national integration so as to help them become worthy citizens and commanding leaders of their country.
- To develop the overall personality of the students so that they are geared up to face the competitive world.
- To inculcate human values into the children to become good human beings by channelizing their energy to create a positive environment.
- To encourage curiosity, self expression, joy and aesthetic sensibility.
- To provide an atmosphere of cooperation and shared endeavour in the pursuit of learning and growth. Students must actively participate in discussion and creatively solve problems and learn from each other.
The school follows an Integrated Inquiry- Based Approach wherein learning by doing is pivotal.
- Assimilation of conceptual knowledge and application of the acquired knowledge.
- Theme-based Trans- disciplinary Approach.
- Excellence in scholastic, co-scholastic and life skills education is central to our pedagogy.
- D.E.A.R. is a Programme to Drop Everything and Read. The initiative is an effort of the school to promote reading habit among the students and also to polish their language skills.
- Circle- Time is a specially designed time-slot at the disposal of the students when they avail the opportunity to express their thoughts without any inhibitions and give flight to their imagination.
- Creative and Public Speaking Classes are a regular feature of the school routine which enhances language and communication skills.
We at Blue Bells Public School believe in the holistic development of the students and adopt a child centric approach for their development and learning. Our pedagogical practices and unique teaching methodologies ensure that students are equipped with the ability to think independently and reflect critically on societal, national and global issues. Inculcating values through education and not just value education as a subject, is a guiding principle with us. Through value Education we focus on future and not just present abilities, which slowly designs a unique path through self discovery.
The school provides for an age appropriate enriched curriculum wherein learning becomes a joyful experience. Classroom experiences are designed to encourage curiosity, self expression, joy and aesthetic sensibility. The guiding principles are to correlate learning with life outside the school and to ensure that there is a significant shift from rote learning to deeper understanding of concepts. To nurture a holistic personality life skills and humanistic values are incorporated across all subjects and the curriculum framework is designed to promote India’s rich culture and heritage through exposure to liberal arts. Students are sensitized towards protection of our flora and fauna and the spirit of peace, compassion and brotherhood is induced. Independence in thought and action, individually and collectively, is encouraged. The curriculum enhancements focus on creating collaborative citizens who are conscious of their rights and duties. Focus is on going beyond the text books through varied community outreach programmes so that socially and ethically responsible citizens are nurtured who grow up to become an asset for the community at large.
Our curriculum framing is done at the five levels keeping the age groups in the mind of our students.
UNIQUE FEATURES OF OUR CURRICULUM AT PRE PRIMARY LEVEL. (LKG-UKG)
- Learning is made interesting, fun and activity oriented at this level
- Focus is on developing communication skills and on reinforcing an innate sense of discovery in everything that is taught.
UNIQUE FEATURES OF OUR CURRICULUM AT PRIMARY LEVEL. (I-V)
- A thematic approach is designed to stimulate the children through various inter-active sessions and activities.
- Students are active learners who research, interpret, communicate, and process learning through School Competitions, Class Assemblies, Public Speaking, Talk Shows, Jam-Sessions, Skits etc.
UNIQUE FEATURES OF OUR CURRICULUM AT MIDDLE LEVEL.(VI-XI)
- The emphasis is on acquiring in-depth conceptual knowledge
- The curriculum is research oriented and based on teamwork vis-à-vis discussions, group project work, discovery and exploration.
- Personality development is enhanced through various activities designed and conducted for the students.
- Value education and Adolescent issues are dealt with sensitivity.
- Coping with peer pressure is stressed upon at this stage
- Students work in groups and make power point presentations on subject related topics. Parents are also invited for such presentations
UNIQUE FEATURES OF OUR CURRICULUM AT SENIOR SECONDARY LEVEL.
- Trans- disciplinary approach is adopted to achieve the desired objectives of the curriculum.
- Integrated Projects are initiated for enhancing the conceptual understanding and practical application of the same.
- To prepare the students for Problem Solving Assessment regular practice Worksheets are given to the students online and to deal with specific concepts Class Assignments are done.
- For Open Text Based Assessment, the students are acquainted with latest strategies like JIGSAW READING followed by Group Discussion and presentations.
- The school has also opted for Vocational Subject- IT and Retail to prepare students for the global competition.
UNIQUE FEATURES OF OUR CURRICULUM AT SENIOR SECONDARY LEVEL.
- Science, Commerce and Humanities are among the main academic streams offered in the school
- Various combinations of subjects are offered so that students can pursue their desired courses of study later in life
- An equal stress is laid on preparing students for the prescribed CBSE syllabus and on preparing the students for the various competitive entrance examinations
- Result oriented training is imparted by experienced professionals who target for total development and desired success.
- Remedial classes take place after school hours and on Saturdays to provide hand holding and prepare the students for the Board Examination and Competitive Examination.
- The concept of Synch-Study has been introduced to reduce stress levels of students. A synchronized study pattern is maintained between the course content of the Board Examinations and that of the competitive entrance examinations
Students have complete access to the various laboratories and library resources, specially designed for the study and research requirements of the senior level students.
The school believes that value education should provide a set of comprehensive values, preparing children for a strictly pious yet tolerant and cosmopolitan outlook, thus imbibing in them a strong value system. A perspective of education through values is developed.
We emphasize on student-directed learning by engaging the students actively in what they are studying.
We work on developing the multiple intelligence in our students by organizing various quiz competitions in our School Quiz Club so that the nine essential multiple intelligence can be honed.
Work Experience is one of the most significant area where we ensure that our club activities are designed in such a way that it helps students to develop certain career specific skills which helps them in their future careers.Therefore institutionalisation of work-centered education as integrated part of the school curriculum from the pre-primary to the +2 stage is expected to lay the necessary foundation for reconceptualising and reconstructing vocational education to meet the challenges of globalised economy.
Learning by doing:- Activity and sports clubs add a spark to education. Students decide what clubs they would like to join. Their talent is further honed through creative activities carried out each week.
Our Earth our responsibility- Each little hand sharing the responsibility of a green world has brought a change in creating awareness about a green planet through rallies, street plays, poster and slogan writing competations etc Van Mahaotsav is a grave responsibility on their shoulders. Projects, models and innovative ideas to save our resources find ample display in the school premises. The Eco club organizes activities to support this mission and creating compost pits.
Spirit of share and care (Ujjala)
Our students are groomed to serve with “Ujjala,” our bridge school. They celebrate festivals, birthdays and occasions together. Each year, the number of students from the underprivileged section rises. Community out reach programme enables our students to visit old age homes, SOS, Khushboo a school for special children and get sensitized to the noble virtual of care.
Diversity instills unity
Respect for all learners creates a harmonious environment in the school where students from all stratas of society form a homogenous group. Cultures, traditions and different religions are embraced with equanimity.
Publications: Creatica is the annual school magazine. It is compiled designed and edited by the Editorial board. The cover and the back page is always the classic art work of our students. The quarterly newsletter is totally managed by the students. The photographs are also clicked and selected by the students.
We wish to reiterate that the use of two/ four wheelers by the students is strictly prohibited.Read more
We are proud to share that we have the first fully functional Atal Tinkering Lab in Gurgaon, an initiative of Niti Ayog. ATL caters to the students' thirst for knowledge to 'tinker', 'innovate' and inculcate skills by combining all the concepts of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)Read more
We are proud to share that Blue Bells Public School has been accredited with the prestigious British Council International School Award (ISA) 2017-2020. One of the most prestigious educational organizations,Read more
Jubilant Waiver : 50% Waiver on Registration Fee for Parents registering before 31st October, 2019Read more
Students, teachers and parents across India are eagerly awaiting for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s interaction programme 'Pariksha Pe Charcha-2020Read more