HEALTH & HYGIENE
The school lays great emphasis on health and hygiene, security of the school and its occupants. The school sanitation committee comprising of teachers and students monitors all areas of the school and maintains complete cleanliness. The school provides clean drinking water to all as RO system is installed in the premises. Water Testing, Health and Hygiene and sanitation are monitored very regularly. Balanced and nutritious food is served in the school canteen which is supervised by the canteen committee. It supervises and ensures the hygienic preparation of balanced nutritious food for the students in the canteen. The sale of spicy and oily junk food as well as aerated cold drinks is prohibited. Regular Medical check – ups, including Dental and Eye Check-up are organized twice a year. Specialists visit the school for special medical check- ups.
• The school has established a Quality Circle where teams of teachers and students co ordinate for the maintenance of health and hygiene.
• Talks and role plays are conducted in the morning assembly on a regular basis to focus on the significance of health and hygiene.
• The students are given lessons in etiquette and table – manners, taught to wash their hands or use sanitizers before and after meals and to use napkins and mats while having their Tiffin during the lunch break.
• The sanitation committee consists of the student members from Student Council and teachers who are on round the clock vigil for maintaining cleanliness in the school premises.
• A Canteen committee has been constituted that keeps checks on the type and taste of food and beverages served in the canteen and oversees the upkeep of the canteen area.