EXAMINATION & EVALUATION (CLASS III-V)
Classes UKG, I & II
• The academic session is divided into two terms. Term I from April to September and Term II from October to March.
• There is a continuous and comprehensive evaluation based on worksheets, projects, home assignments in the scholastic and co-scholastic areas. The students are awarded stars on the basis of their performance.
• Promotion to the next class is based upon the child’s overall performance in the scholastic and co-scholastic areas during the session.
• A detailed profile of the same is communicated to the parents from time to time.
Classes III to V
Soaring high is the very aim of Blue Bells Family. The Primary Wing (III-V) focuses on identifying and developing multiple intelligence in each child and providing them the opportunities through participation in various activities like Class Assemblies, Public Speaking, Dramatics, and Performing Arts along with the academics to display the same.
The curriculum tends to maintain a balance between a wide range of co-curricular activities and academics following the norms of CBSE.
Primary Wing Examination
• Following the CBSE directives, the Primary Wing awards ‘Grades’ instead of marks.
The academic session is divided into two terms- Term I from April to September and Term II from October to March.
• Continuous assessment of the student is maintained on the basis of three written assessments and other Assignments like activities, dictations, projects/models and orals which are regularly conducted along with written Assessments The performance in all the three assessments and other assignments in both the terms are consolidated at the end of the session in the form of a final Progress Report.
• Online assignments are given to enhance the subject concepts.
• For classes III to V assessments are conducted for 25 marks each on every Friday.
• The parameters for the main FOUR subjects are-
English & Hindi- Reading, Group Discussion, Recitation Comprehension, spellings/ Handwriting, Class assignments, Home Assignments, Activity and Written Assessment.
Maths & EVS- Concept Learning, Environmental Sensitivity, Mental Ability, Class assignments, Home Assignments, Activity and Written Assessment.
• Two assessments are conducted in each term for subjects like G.K and Computer.
• Grades are also awarded for Arts, Music, Sports, Yoga/Aerobics and Clubs.
NOTE: It is mandatory for the students to bring the test notebooks on the day of test.
Monthly planner is given to the students well in advance covering every month’s syllabus and date sheet for the parent’s information.