Our Academic Philosophy
A change in perspective makes a big difference.
A holistic approach creates a well-rounded individual.
Blue Bells Public School stands out for its respect towards a learner. Its dynamic resilience to change with times has created the best platform for developing a child’s faculties.
Our mission is to impart quality education to children and build them into exemplary citizens of the world. Our educational efforts are informed by the following aims:
- To imbibe ethical and spiritual values among students so that they become generous human beings
- To instil patriotism and passion for national integration in students so that to they become worthy citizens and leaders of their country
- To develop the overall personality of students so that they are geared to face the competitive world
- To inculcate humane values into the children so that they become good human beings and channel their energies towards creating a positive environment
- To encourage curiosity, self-expression, joy, and aesthetic sensibility in students
- To provide an atmosphere of cooperation and shared endeavour in the pursuit of learning and growth—to encourage students to actively participate in discussions, creatively solve problems, and learn from each other
The school follows an Integrated Inquiry-based Approach, wherein learning by doing is pivotal. It includes the following:
- Assimilation of conceptual knowledge and its application
- Theme-based transdisciplinary approach
- Excellence in scholastic, co-scholastic, and life-skills education is at the core of our pedagogy
- Circle Time: A specially designed time slot at the disposal of students, when they express their thoughts and imaginations without any inhibitions
- Creative Writing and Public Speaking Classes: To enhance students’ language and communication skills
We believe in the holistic development of students and adopt a child-centric approach towards their learning. Our pedagogical practices and unique teaching methodologies ensure that students are equipped with the ability to think independently and reflect critically on societal, national, and global issues.
Inculcating values through education, and not just value education as a subject, is the guiding principle for us. Through value education, we focus on students’ future abilities and not just on their present ones. This leads to the design of a unique learning path for each student through a process of self-discovery.
The school provides an age-appropriate enriched curriculum, wherein learning becomes a joyful experience. Classroom experiences are designed to encourage curiosity, self-expression, joy, and aesthetic sensibility. The guiding principles are to correlate learning with life outside the school and to ensure that there is a shift from rote learning to a deeper understanding of concepts.
To nurture a holistic personality, life skills and humanistic values are incorporated across all subjects. The curriculum framework is designed to promote India’s rich culture and heritage through exposure to liberal arts. Students are sensitised towards protection of flora and fauna. They are inculcated with a spirit of peace, compassion, and brotherhood.
Independence in thought and action—individually and collectively—is encouraged. The curriculum enhancements focus on creating collaborative citizens who are conscious of their rights and duties. The focus is on going beyond textbooks through varied community-outreach programmes so that they become socially and ethically responsible citizens who grow up to become valuable assets for their community.
Our curriculum framing is done at the five levels keeping the age groups of our students in the mind.
Level 1: Pre-primary (Nursery–UKG)
- Learning is made interesting, fun, and activity-oriented.
- Focus is on developing communication skills and on reinforcing an innate sense of discovery in everything that is taught.
Level 2: Primary School (Class I–V)
- A thematic approach is designed to stimulate children through various interactive sessions and activities.
- Students are active learners who research, interpret, communicate, and process learning through competitions, class assemblies, public speaking, talk shows, jam sessions, skits, and so on.
Level 3: Middle School (Class VI–VIII)
- The emphasis is on acquiring in-depth conceptual knowledge.
- The curriculum is research-oriented and based on teamwork, that is, discussions, group project work, discovery, and exploration.
- Personality development is enhanced through various activities designed and conducted for the students.
- Value education and adolescent issues are dealt with sensitivity.
- Coping with peer pressure is addressed.
- Students work in groups and make PowerPoint presentations on topics related to what they are studying. Parents are also invited for these presentations.
Level 4: Senior School (Class IX–X)
- A transdisciplinary approach is adopted to achieve the objectives of the curriculum.
- Integrated projects are initiated for enhancing the conceptual understanding and practical application of studied areas.
- Online practice worksheets are regularly given to prepare students for Problem Solving Assessments.
- Class assignments are implemented to deal with specific concepts.
- For Open Text-based Assessment, students are acquainted with latest strategies such as Jigsaw Reading, which are combined with group discussions and presentations.
- The school has opted for Vocational Subjects—IT and Artificial Intelligence—to prepare students for future competitive professional landscape.
Level 5: Senior Secondary School (Class XI and XII)
- Science, Commerce, and Humanities are the main academic streams offered at the school.
- Various combinations of subjects are offered so that students can pursue their desired courses of study later in life.
- An equal emphasis is laid on preparing students for CBSE board exams and various entrance exams.
- Result-oriented training is imparted by experienced professionals, who aim for total development and targeted success.
- Remedial classes take place after school hours and on Saturdays to provide hand-holding and to prepare students for board and entrance exams.
- The concept of ‘Sync-Study’ has been introduced to reduce the stress levels of students. A synchronised study pattern is maintained between the course content of board exams and of entrance exams.
- Students have complete access to the various laboratories and library resources that have been specially designed for the study and research requirements of senior-level students.
The school believes that value education should provide a set of comprehensive values, preparing children for a pious yet tolerant and cosmopolitan outlook, thus imbibing in them a strong value system.
We emphasise on student-directed learning by engaging students actively in what they are studying.
We work on developing multiple intelligences in our students by organizing various quiz competitions in our Quiz Club so that the nine essential multiple intelligences can be honed.
Work Experience is one of the most significant areas where we ensure that our club activities are designed to develop career-specific skills in students. Work-centred education as an integrated part of the school curriculum at all levels lays the foundation for leveraging vocational education to meet the challenges of the globalised economy.
Learning by Doing
Activity and sports clubs add spark to learning. Students decide what clubs they would like to join. Their talent is further honed through creative activities carried out each week.
Our Earth, Our Responsibility
Rallies, street plays, poster and slogan-writing competitions, and so on create awareness about the responsibility of each individual to protect the planet and its environment. ‘Van Mahotsav’ is responsibility that students take very seriously. Projects, models, and innovative ideas to save resources find ample display on school premises. The Eco Club organises activities to support this mission.
Spirit of Share and Care
Our students are groomed to serve the community. They celebrate festivals, birthdays, and other occasions together with the lesser privileged children of the society. Through community outreach programmes, our students visit old age homes, SOS Children’s Village, Khushboo (a school for special children) and learn the noble virtue of care. From time to time, students participate in various social initiatives such as joy of giving, road safety, anti-road rage, and cleanliness campaigns, and visiting orphanages and old-age homes.
Diversity Instils Unity
Respect for all learners creates a harmonious environment in the school wherein students from all strata of society form a homogenous group. Cultures, traditions, and different religions are embraced with equanimity.
Creatica is the school’s annual school magazine. It is compiled, designed, and edited by the Editorial Board. The cover and the back page of Creatica always display the artwork of our students.
E-Newsletter: The publication process of the quarterly newsletter is entirely managed by students. The photographs for the magazine are also clicked and selected by students
We wish to reiterate that the use of two wheelers (motorised)/four wheelers by students is strictly prohibited as they are not licensed to use these vehicles.Read more
We are proud to share that we have the first fully functional Atal Tinkering Lab (ATL) in Gurugram, an initiative of Niti Ayog. ATL caters to students’ thirst for knowledge, to tinker and innovate, and to inculcate skills by combining various concepts of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and MRead more
We are proud to share that Blue Bells Public School has been accredited with the prestigious British Council International School Award (ISA) 2017–20, one of the most prestigious educational organisations. The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relationsRead more
Blue Bells Public School invites applications for admission to class XI( Session 2020-2021)The streams available are Humanities, Non- Medical, Commerce and Medical.Read more
Literature majestically describes reality by enriching the necessary competencies of life and providing a platform for the imagination to grow and prosper in totality.Read more