The school lays great emphasis on health and hygiene, security of the school and its occupants. Water Testing, Health and Hygiene and sanitation are monitored very regularly. Balanced and nutritious food is served in the school canteen which is supervised by the canteen committee.
The sale of spicy and oily junk food as well as aerated cold drinks is prohibited. Regular Medical check – ups, including Dental and Eye Check-up are organized twice a year. Specialists visit the school for special medical check- ups.
All the parents are requested to impart Health Awareness to their children so that they:
- Maintain personal hygiene like trimming of nails, regular hair cut & being neat on a regular basis.
- Students should exercise regularly and practice Jeevan Vigyan meditation and yogic kriyas.
- Sleep for at least eight hours daily.
- Have a nutritionally balanced diet.
- Drink water which is either boiled or filtered.
- Avoid excess consumption of ice-creams, chocolates and eatables from road-side vendors.
- Get dental and ophthalmic check up done once a year by a specialist.
- All children should be dewormed at least once a year. Advice to be taken from the family physician.
- Immunize the child as per schedule given below:
- Oral polio (to be completed before entry to the school)
- DT – at 5 years of age
- Tetanus – Booster dose to be given between 7-16 years of age and also to be given if injured.
- Typhoid (preferably once a year)
- Cholera (in the month of March)
- Hepatitis – B
- Should there be any infectious disease in your home, please report to the School authorities at once, and do not send your ward to the school till a fitness certificate is obtained from the doctor.
- Students suffering from infectious diseases like Conjunctivitis, Dermatitis, Scabies etc. should not be sent to the school.
- Students suffering from chronic diseases like Asthma, Epilepsy, Rheumatic heart diseases etc., are advised to be under continuous medical supervision of a specialist Doctor. History of their illness must be filled up in the Almanac along with the treatment being taken.