EXAMINATION & EVALUATION SYSTEM
The aim of education should be to convert the mind into a living fountain and not a reservoir.Blue Bells School is committed to its , prime aim of developing the overall personality of the student in a healthy congenial atmosphere.
Examination and Evaluation are essential to assess a child’s learning process and to ensure that real learning has taken place. In an era of educational reforms the school has so designed its evaluation system that there is a paradigm shift from’ teaching to test’ to ‘ holistic assessment’ . The Evaluation System of the school encompasses the whole child and involves repeated observations of their activities and skills like:-psycho-motor, gross & fine motor,cognitive, aesthetic, etc. These are then assessed and evaluated on a daily basis by the teacher. So, the Evaluation in the school is a Bi-directional process between teacher and student to enhance , recognize and respond to the learning.
The Evaluation or assessment is administered by the teachers and is ardently taken by the learners on the conclusion of a period of learning.
The Pre-Primary Wing provides a homely environment where learning is made fun. To unravel inherent talent in students and groom them to develop a constructive line of thought, various co-curricular activities such as singing ,dancing, colouring, origami, paper cutting, clay modeling, painting, dramatics, sports, computer learning, group activities etc. are organized.
EVALUATION SCHEME FOR NUR & LKG
The students are assessed on the basis of class performance and day to day activities in the school. There is no formal testing for these classes.
EVALUATION SCHEME FOR CLASSES UKG, I & II
-> The academic session is divided into two terms, Term I from April to September and Term II from October to March.
-> There is a continuous and comprehensive evaluation based on worksheets, projects, home Assignments in the scholastic and co-scholastic areas. The students are awarded stars on the basis of their performance.
-> Promotion to the next class is based upon the child’s overall performance in the scholastic and co-scholastic areas during the session
-> A detailed profile of the same is communicated to the parents from time to time.
EVALUATION SCHEME FOR PRIMARY WING
-> Following the CBSE directives, the Primary Wing awards ‘Grades’ instead of marks.
-> The academic session is divided into two terms – I Term from April to September and II Term from October to March.
-> Periodic Assessments will be conducted on every Friday and the weightage for Class V Papers would be 40 Marks and duration of the examination will be two hours.
-> Continuous assessment of the student is maintained on the basis of three written assessments that are conducted for the four main subjects i.e. English Hindi, Maths and E.V.S. in each term. The performance in all the three assessments in both the terms is consolidated at the end of the session in the form of a final Progress Report.
-> Assignments, activities, dictations, projects/ models and orals will be regularly conducted along with the written Assessments.
PRIMARY WING EXAMINATION
- Following the CBSE directives, the Primary Wing awards ‘Grades’ instead of marks.
- The academic session is divided into two terms – Term I from April to September and Term II from October to March.
- Periodic Assessments are conducted on every Friday.
- Continuous assessment of the student is maintained on the basis of three written assessments that are conducted for the main subjects i.e. English Hindi, Maths, Science and Social Studies in each term. The performance in all the three assessments in both the terms is consolidated at the end of the session in the form of a final Progress Report.
- Assignments, activities, dictations, projects/ models and orals are regularly conducted along with the written Assessments.
The parameters for main subjects are –
ENGLISH & HINDI– Reading, Group Discussion, Recitation, Comprehension, Spellings/Handwriting, Class Assignments, Home Assignments, Activity and Written Assessment.
MATHS, SCIENCE & SOCIAL STUDY – Concept Learning, Environmental Sensitivity, Mental Ability, Class Assignments/Home Assignments, Activity and Written Assessment.
Students are given Practice assignments online also to enhance their concepts.
- For subjects like G.K. and Computer, two assessments are conducted in each term.
- Grades are awarded for Arts, Music, Sports, Yoga/Aerobics and Clubs.
NOTE: It is mandatory for the students to carry the required notebook on the day of assessment. Monthly planner is given to the students well in advance covering every month’s syllabus.
Examination and Evaluation Scheme
Education, as planned endeavour , should aim at making children capable of becoming active , responsible , productive and caring members of the society. It is therefore, deemed essential that it must promote and nourish a wide range of capacities and skills in learners as possible.
Classes VI to X
The examination will be conducted as per the remodeled assessment structure following the latest CBSE directives for classes VI –X which includes three major categories i.e Scholastic , Co scholastic and Discipline.
Each Session comprises of two Terms :
Term 1 : April to September
Term 2: October to March
1. The students would be assessed on a continuous basis through series of Periodic Tests and Term Examination.
2. Pen and paper assessment will be conducted as per the following schedule – Unit Test1, Pre Mid Term, Mid Term, Unit Test 2, Post Mid Term and Annual.
3. Pre Mid Term, Mid Term and Post Mid Term will form the components of Internal Assessment.
We wish to reiterate that the use of two/ four wheelers by the students is strictly prohibited.Read more
We are proud to share that Blue Bells Public School has been accredited with the prestigious British Council International School Award (ISA) 2017-2020. One of the most prestigious educational organizations, The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organization for cultural relationRead more
Registrations open for the session 2019-20.Read more