EXAMINATION & EVALUATION SYSTEM
The aim of education should be to convert the mind into a living fountain and not a reservoir.Blue Bells School is committed to its , prime aim of developing the overall personality of the student in a healthy congenial atmosphere.
Examination and Evaluation are essential to assess a child’s learning process and to ensure that real learning has taken place. In an era of educational reforms the school has so designed its evaluation system that there is a paradigm shift from’ teaching to test’ to ‘ holistic assessment’ . The Evaluation System of the school encompasses the whole child and involves repeated observations of their activities and skills like:-psycho-motor, gross & fine motor,cognitive, aesthetic, etc. These are then assessed and evaluated on a daily basis by the teacher. So, the Evaluation in the school is a Bi-directional process between teacher and student to enhance , recognize and respond to the learning.
The Evaluation or assessment is administered by the teachers and is ardently taken by the learners on the conclusion of a period of learning.
The Pre-Primary Wing provides a homely environment where learning is made fun. To unravel inherent talent in students and groom them to develop a constructive line of thought, various co-curricular activities such as singing ,dancing, colouring, origami, paper cutting, clay modeling, painting, dramatics, sports, computer learning, group activities etc. are organized.
EVALUATION SCHEME FOR NUR & LKG
The students are assessed on the basis of class performance and day to day activities in the school. There is no formal testing for these classes.
EVALUATION SCHEME FOR CLASSES UKG, I & II
-> The academic session is divided into two terms, Term I from April to September and Term II from October to March.
-> There is a continuous and comprehensive evaluation based on worksheets, projects, home Assignments in the scholastic and co-scholastic areas. The students are awarded stars on the basis of their performance.
-> Promotion to the next class is based upon the child’s overall performance in the scholastic and co-scholastic areas during the session
-> A detailed profile of the same is communicated to the parents from time to time.
EVALUATION SCHEME FOR PRIMARY WING
-> Following the CBSE directives, the Primary Wing awards ‘Grades’ instead of marks.
-> The academic session is divided into two terms – I Term from April to September and II Term from October to March.
-> Periodic Assessments will be conducted on every Friday and the weightage for Class V Papers would be 40 Marks and duration of the examination will be two hours.
-> Continuous assessment of the student is maintained on the basis of three written assessments that are conducted for the four main subjects i.e. English Hindi, Maths and E.V.S. in each term. The performance in all the three assessments in both the terms is consolidated at the end of the session in the form of a final Progress Report.
-> Assignments, activities, dictations, projects/ models and orals will be regularly conducted along with the written Assessments.
PRIMARY WING EXAMINATION
- Following the CBSE directives, the Primary Wing awards ‘Grades’ instead of marks.
- The academic session is divided into two terms – Term I from April to September and Term II from October to March.
- Periodic Assessments are conducted on every Friday.
- Continuous assessment of the student is maintained on the basis of three written assessments that are conducted for the main subjects i.e. English Hindi, Maths, Science and Social Studies in each term. The performance in all the three assessments in both the terms is consolidated at the end of the session in the form of a final Progress Report.
- Assignments, activities, dictations, projects/ models and orals are regularly conducted along with the written Assessments.
The parameters for main subjects are –
ENGLISH & HINDI– Reading, Group Discussion, Recitation, Comprehension, Spellings/Handwriting, Class Assignments, Home Assignments, Activity and Written Assessment.
MATHS, SCIENCE & SOCIAL STUDY – Concept Learning, Environmental Sensitivity, Mental Ability, Class Assignments/Home Assignments, Activity and Written Assessment.
Students are given Practice assignments online also to enhance their concepts.
- For subjects like G.K. and Computer, two assessments are conducted in each term.
- Grades are awarded for Arts, Music, Sports, Yoga/Aerobics and Clubs.
NOTE: It is mandatory for the students to carry the required notebook on the day of assessment. Monthly planner is given to the students well in advance covering every month’s syllabus.
EXAMINATION AND EVALUATION SCHEME -CLASSES VI-XII
Education, as a planned endeavour , should aim at making children capable of becoming active , responsible , productive and caring members of the society. It is therefore, deemed essential that it must promote and nourish a wide range of capacities and skills in learners.
Classes VI to X: The examination for academic year 2017-18 will be conducted as per the remodeled assessment structure following the latest CBSE directives for classes VI –X which includes three major categories i.e. Scholastic ,
Co scholastic and Discipline
Each Session comprises of two Terms:
Term 1: April to September
Term 2: October to March
1. The students would be assessed on a continuous basis through series of Periodic Tests and Term Examination.
2. Pen and paper assessment will be conducted as per the following schedule – Unit Test1, Pre Mid Term, Mid Term, Unit Test 2, Post Mid Term and Annual.
3. Pre Mid Term, Mid Term and Post Mid Term will form the components of Internal Assessment.
EVALUATION SCHEME FOR CLASSES XI & XII
Each academic year would be divided into two terms:
TERM I – APRIL TO SEPTEMBER TERM II – OCTOBER TO MARCH
In each Term, Weekly tests for each subject shall carry a weightage of 40 marks per term.
Two Periodic Tests – Weightage – 40 marks each
Communication skills/Assignments & Projects – 10 marks
Terminal – 100 marks
TOTAL – 150 marks
It is mandatory to secure 33% in all subjects ( both elective & optional ) , separately in Theory and practical for promotion to the next class.
Note for classes X and XII
Reinforcement Examination will be conducted in July after summer break. Mid Term Examination will be conducted in the month of September.
Term II Examination will be conducted in the month of December. Pre-Board Examination will be conducted in the month of January. Annual Examination will be conducted as per the CBSE schedule.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLASSES VI-XII
1. Periodic Test shall be conducted on every Monday as per the schedule given in the Test Series.
2. Every student is expected to maintain in record at least 75% attendance during the year.
3. It is mandatory for the students to appear in the Terminal Examination. In case a student misses his / her Term Exam on medical grounds or any mishap in the family, the students will be tested for the same on a later date.
4. The exemption from weekly test shall be only on medical grounds or due to mishap in the family provided the leave application reaches on the day of absence.
5. The application for the same must be submitted within 24 hours and medical certificate within 48 hours. The medical certificate furnished must indicate the disease and the dates of rest period suggested. In case of contagious disease or prolonged illness medical certificate must indicate quarantine period.
6. No interim leave shall be granted on the test day. Students should refrain from coming to school in case of sickness.
7. No neutralization will be done in case the student misses the Weekly Test / Term Examination for any other reason. In such cases the student be marked ‘ZERO’.
8. Promotion of a student to the next class shall be based on cumulative performance.
9. It shall be mandatory for the students to qualify in all major subjects.
10. For the students of Classes VI to X, the performance will be reflected in percentage and Grades as per the eight point scale given below:
11. In Classes XI & XII, the students will be allotted ranks as per their performance.
Parents are requested to sign the performance card and return it within two days positively. In case of loss or damage of performance record a fine of Rs. 100 /- will be charged
Note: Examination Policy is subject to change as per CBSE directives.
Special Classroom Integrated Programme for the students of Classes IX to XI conducted by faculty from Vidya Mandir (VMC).Read more
We wish to reiterate that the use of two/ four wheelers by the students is strictly prohibited.Read more
At Blue Bells, it is our constant endeavour to ensure that the students are safe and secure both inside the school and while commuting to and fro.Read more
Our every endeavour at Blue Bells Public School is to ensure that our students pursue their dreams and carve a niche for themselves.Read more
Blue Bells Public School in collaboration with NIIT NGuru is glad to introduce to you the ‘Practice Plus ‘– Practice and Assessment Portal.Read more
We at Blue Bells aim to provide to all our students a safe, accident-free environment with vigilant and caring staff, supported by an efficient administrative system to ensure high safety standards.Read more
We are proud to share that we have the first fully functional Atal Tinkering Lab in Gurgaon, an initiative of Niti Ayog. ATL caters to the students' thirst for knowledge to 'tinker', 'innovate' and inculcate skills by combining all the concepts of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)Read more
We are proud to share that Blue Bells Public School has been accredited with the prestigious British Council International School Award (ISA) 2017-2020. One of the most prestigious educational organizations, The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organization for cultural relationRead more
We are pleased to inform you that registrations for admission to Classes Nursery to IX for the new academic session 2018-2019 are in process. Interested parents may contact the School Reception between November 09 and November 13, 2017 from 9.00 am to 3.00 pm for Registration formalities.Read more
This is to apprise you that the following school timings will be followed w.e.f. February 05, 2018Read more
Blue Bells Public School Celebrating ATL Community DayRead more
Keeping in mind that it is imperative to learn the self-defense techniques for the students, the school is introducing Karate Club for them. Through this club, the students will learn the ability to protect themselves and will have an increased self-confidence.Read more
Registrations open for the session 2019-20.Read more